Have to do it…
….I have to give my list of things I’m thankful for. I wasn’t sure I was going to out of a desire to not be cheesey, but I have to.
- That I have a God who meets me exactly where I am everytime. That He isn’t changing and yet is able to reveal more of Himself to me each time I press into Him and seek His face. That he allows me to ramble all day long to Him; when I’m lonely, when I’m happy, when I’m scared, when I’m frustrated or when I’ve lost something and need Him to show me where it is. He cares about all the minutia of my life and I’m soooo grateful for that.
- I am grateful that my husband is well. He might work a lot causing me to miss him, but he comes home eventually. He might not be the most verbal communicator, but when he speaks it’s worth listening to. He is loyal and kindhearted, hardworking, a great dad and still has the best hands I think I’ve ever seen.
- My children who are healthy and smart and funny. I am so extremely grateful that people regularly comment on how happy they are. I don’t remember being a happy child so it blesses me deeply that I am raising happy children.
- My sisters. My sisters who will laugh with me and say, “oh, I know” when I get frustrated that I live in a family of cats and want a family of dogs. (I’ll explain this someday). Somehow my sisters can always make it better for me. I guess that is the benefit of being the baby.
- So grateful Tim and my parents are still with us.
- My friends. Near and far. I have friends who I’ve moved away from that are still as close to my heart as ever. Friends that know me and love me and pray for me and would get on a plane in 2.2 seconds if I needed them to. Now I have friends here and they are making this place feel more and more like home.
- The “little” things that are actually huge: my pantry, a roof over my head, a hobby I love, dogs that adore me, my sight, my hearing, my health, a car that works, a job for my husband….it goes on and on.
- Finally, I am grateful that December marks the one-year anniversary of this blog! It may not be widely read but I love it. I love that I am documenting pieces of myself….silly and serious….that I wouldn’t document through my scrapbooks. This weekend I will slurp the last of it into my blurb book and send it off for publishing. Can’t wait to see it. Can’t wait to start another year!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.