One of the….
….things I did while my family was visiting in July was have the opportunity to spend some time with this girl:
Let me just tell you, she is delicious. I kept threatening to keep her here and not let her on the plane. I think she thought I was kidding. But seriously, if I thought I could have gotten away with it I would have chained her to my house and never let her leave. It is Madeline, my niece. She’s smart and brave and sweet and helpful and giving and I just love her to pieces. One night she stayed with another girl and babysat her three brothers, my three children and two of my cousin’s children. When I tried to pay her she said, “You’re not paying me to watch my brothers and my cousins.” Seriously? What teenage girl says that? Again, I say delicious.
One afternoon we worked on these shirts. I love them. I saw one in a store and wanted to buy it but they were asking for $29!! I knew I could make it myself. We ended up making six shirts for under $40. A bargain if you ask me.
Here is Madeline helping my little Kati-cat:
So here is what we came up with for each person:
- Mine said “Bee Grateful”
- Julie’s said “Bee Good” (because she has four children and we thought it was funny)
- Jennifer’s said “Bee Yourself” (because she’s a teacher and it’s so her style)
- Kaitlynn’s said “Let it Bee” (because she has a hard time letting go of things sometimes)
- Dorene’s said “Queen Bee” (because she’s the grandma)
- Madeline’s said “Bee Brave” (because a steer threw her flying through the air and smashing into a fence causing a full body CT scan, stitches in the face and many other bruises and the very next day she went back to the steer)
So…..what would your shirt say?
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.