Let’s just start….
…with this picture. When I saw her I thought, “Well there’s a look” and I knew it was a scrapbook page.
OK, so I promised pictures of the new dining room. Prepare yourself because it’s a HUGE change and it definitely is better in person than in pictures. I started with a very traditional, dark toned room. The window treatments were from the previous owner and I HATED them….the red and yellow was OK but so not Jill.
So, I took my very limited budget and went to work! Now to some people, they would NEVER paint over this wood. Let me justify my actions. The table is not this wonderful piece of furniture, it’s a factory made piece of furniture stained really well. I have been looking at said table and chairs for nearly 14 years and am just plain tired of them. I really wanted to go light and airy in the room so I went to my garage and started thinking. I had the goal of re-purposing and using as much as I could that I already had. Here is how I did it for under $50 (I was under $40 and then I had to buy a second set of curtain rings):
- the curtains are an old shower curtain that I loved but that shrunk too short to be used as a shower curtain
- the paint is all paint I already had in my garage
- the frames are frames I had in my craft closet….I just sprayed them with, yes, spray paint I already had
- the fabric I re-covered the chair seats with was purchased at Wal-mart for $1 a yard
- In the end I bought 2 curtain rods, 2 sets of rings, 1 paint roller, $3 worth of fabric and 1 package of staples for my dad’s staple gun
So there it is. I guess you’ll either hate it or love it but I love it! I still need some things for the walls and some finishing touches but for $44.16 I’m pretty happy! Now to decide what color I REALLY want my scrapbook room accent wall to be….
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.