Ready for an update on…
…a few things? I know I promised one on Kaitlynn and yes, she had a GREAT time and she can’t wait to go back next summer and she only cried for me two of the four nights at bedtime! Alden also had a wonderful time. He has been praying since last summer that he would be baptized in the Holy Spirit and it happened for him and he is soooo happy….beaming, in fact. We’re thrilled for him and so grateful that his young little heart is seeking after God so completely. The kid is radical and I can’t wait to see where God takes him.
Now ready to hear about LOVE? Remember a few posts back when I talked about really absorbing what is it that the Bible says about love? I have been diligently working on checking all my actions against that ever since then. People, it’s hard. It’s really, really hard. So here is my self-imposed report card on how I’ve done so far:
- Love is patient: I used to be so patient; I owned a pre-school with 85 children a day for eleven years for crying out loud! Yes, I was patient. I feel like as I get older I become more impatient; not necessarily with waiting (I’m more patient with that) but with attitudes and behaviors. I have really realized this over the past six weeks and I’m working on it. I think I’m still pretty go with the flow but man, noise and bad drivers just test me!
- Love is kind: This is a huge goal for me. I do think I’m a kind person. I want to be the person however that is so kind they change the room’s atmosphere when they walk in it.
- Love does not envy: A+ people! I am so grateful for that too! Walking through losing a lung, my husband having cancer for nearly seven years followed by a chronic neurological condition and the countless other things I have walked through….how could I envy anyone? I am alive, Tim is alive….I have an amazing life and I wouldn’t trade anyone!
- It does not boast, it is not proud: check (pride is easy for me to catch myself in so I quickly get it in check…I get prideful when I’m mad and I think I’m right).
- It is not rude, it is not self-seeking: check.
- It is not easily angered: uhhhhh….I think this might relate to the patient thing. I wouldn’t say easily angered….perhaps easily irritated. I’m working on it.
- It does not keep a record of wrongs or delight in evil: Thank you God that forgiveness comes easily to me and that nauseom takes over me when I’m around evil. The tricky part is learning that forgiveness doesn’t always mean letting that hurt back into your life to do it all over again.
- Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres: This part also comes easily for me. Thank you, God.
- Love never fails: This is another hard part. Not when it comes to my family and my friends but when it comes to those out in the world. If love never fails then it continually responds in the ways listed above. That is really hard. But I am glad I have taken this challenge on. I am glad I’m at least thinking about it and trying to do better.
So that is it! Those are my updates. The Love challenge was just such a big one I felt like it deserved an update and the Kati-cat….so proud of her. Thanks for your prayers while she was away; without a doubt they made a huge difference for her.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.