In the mood…
…to really notice my blessings today. I like to think of myself as a person who has learned how to be in the moment and look at the bright side of things. Although I’m definitely a pragmatist life’s experiences have also lead me to a place where I am completely grateful and not willing to deal with things that aren’t worth my time. By this, I mean the things that typically bug us: weight (although I do deal with it in terms of health), what someone thinks of me, overanalyzing, etc. I am so grateful to be at this place and am only now realizing how many women aren’t. Why is that? Why do women continue to pressure themselves and beat themselves down? By and large, we’re an amazing race of people. God has put such beauty in us. There is a line from a Keith Urban song that says: “He took a fire that breathes and burns, took a river that bends and turns and put it all in place, in the most perfect way.” He is singing of God creating woman.
My prayer for you today is that you recognize you are not a mistake. Your creation was planned for, accounted for and matters. Try and embrace the best parts of yourself and work on the things YOU know need working on, not what others or society is telling you need working on. Then finally, notice how good your life is. If you’re going through a rough time, make yourself pick three things daily that you are blessed for. When Tim was sick…for nearly seven years, mine was often the pathetic, “Tim isn’t dead.” But we need to do this in hard times. We need to see that it is just a season and it will pass. Focus on the positive so you can get through the season with as much joy as possible.
So here I go….noticing my blessings today:
- Powell is camping with his Royal Rangers group and I’m sure he is having a blast. His commanders are wonderful men who truly care for my child and I never have to worry about his safety when he’s in their care.
- Kaitlynn’s eyes look wonderful. Three surgeries were worth it.
- Alden is growing into a wonderful young man who charms all he meets.
- Tim is happy in his new job.
- The home I have made out of this house is warm, comfortable and truly a haven for my family.
- God continues to reveal Himself in new ways to me each and every season of my life. I am at peace knowing that my future is in His hands. I am at peace knowing He wants to bless me. I am at peace knowing that as long as my heart pursues Him I will make the right decisions.
- Spring has sprung.
- I have good friends in my life.
- My pantry is full.
- I know that in the end, my worth does not lie on a clean floor or folded laundry (although I still pursue these things diligently).
Please talk to me! What are some of the blessings you’re taking notice of today?
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.